Wild Mushroom Lasagna:
• 1lb 8oz All-purpose flour
• 12oz Semolina flour
• 1 Tablespoon salt (kosher)
• 1lb 10oz Egg yolks
• ¼ cup EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Add olive oil slowly, then drizzle remaining wet ingredients until dough is formed and consistent.
3. Roll out dough to desired sheet length and 1/16″ thickness.
4. Boil our pasta sheets for 2 minutes in salted water.
5. Let the blanched pasta cool on a baking tray with a little oil until room temp.
• 1lb Wild mushrooms of your choosing (smaller the better, we’re roasting them)
• 2 cups Heavy cream
• 1 cup White wine (something dry)
• 7g thyme leaves (fresh and chopped)
• 1 Tablespoon Salt (always kosher)
• 1 teaspoon Ground black pepper
• 2 Tablespoon Local honey(if you can get it)
• 4 oz Ground Parmesan
• 4 oz Ricotta(salata works quite well)
• 4 oz Mascarpone
(These cheeses are to be blended with 1tsp salt)
6. Toss all mushrooms in oil, salt and pepper. Roast in a 400°f oven until golden brown.
7. Once cool, add mushrooms, evoo, and salt to a 1 gallon pot and sweat (Allow the mushrooms to express some of their natural liquid).
8. Add wine and reduce until dry.
9. Add cream and let it get nice and soupy then add your chopped thyme.
10. Let mixture cool and you’re ready! Layer your lasagna with the inevitability of melty cheese related shifting of pasta sheets after construction, and roast it at 400 until you think it’s done…..
-Ross Collins Executive Chef